Way back in 2015, Fok and I talked to Yuki Matsuda of Monitaly about putting together a special run of the Mountain Parka and Six Pocket pants. Fok wanted an outfit that brought back memories of nighttime campfires in his native Canada, and as a result we came up with a special two-stage dye job that’s deep, dusky, and full of character. These garments are made from US Military tent canvas, which means they can take a beating. I’ve worn mine hiking and fishing all through the woods, as well as to work in the morning.
This spring, we took them out for a spin when we shot our spring GMTO editorial, and got a few pictures that showcase the depth of color on these pieces. They’re stunning in person – rich, heavy, and wearable with a range of casual outfits.
The best part? We’re celebrating Thanksgiving by offering Styleforum Journal readers a coupon code. This weekend only, you can take 30% off our remaining stock of Monitaly x Styleforum gear with the code THANKS30SF
You can get yours at the Styleforum Market.
Latest posts by Jasper Lipton (see all)
- Jasper’s Favorite Chunky Boots for Autumn - November 14, 2017
- @Baron’s Take on ‘Tailored Contemporary Casual’ - November 12, 2017
- A Talk with Ian Segal of Nine Lives Clothing - November 12, 2017
- Autumn Style: Odd Flannel Trousers with @Heldentenor - October 15, 2017
- The Yoox Friends and Family Sale Ends Today! - October 9, 2017