- Don’t forget, Styleforum’s 10-year anniversary party is in San Francisco this weekend.
- Trend-driving Los Angeles boutique Fred Segal has sold rights to the brand to Sandow Media. Sandow may set up e-commerce, which comes as good news, because good f—ing luck buying something on fredsegal.com right now.
- The Kentucky Derby is this weekend–Esquire reminds you how to drink, and check out a Christian Chensvold piece on proper derby dressing from a previous Churchill Downs event. There’s few better times to dress obnoxiously.
- Rapper A$AP Rocky, who’s namechecked Raf Simons, Rick Owens, Margiela, and Naked and Famous in tracks, says he’s going to stop doing that because, essentially, he’d rather keep the good stuff to himself. Bloggers immediately lose interest in A$AP Rocky.
- Simon Crompton recently finished up his walk through of the Gaziano and Girling bespoke process for the Rake. All you need to know about a surform rasp.
- Helmut Lang will debut his first collection–of art, not clothes–this weekend in Greenwich Village. Styleforum readers won’t be interested for 5 to 10 years.
- Deal of the week: Knit ties at the Knottery for about $30.
- MC listing of the day: Four Isaia suits.
Categories: News - Musings