Starting a tie wardrobe in 2018 can be daunting; with the variety of options that are just one click away, it might be hard to determine whether a tie is going to get some use or will lie in a cedar box untouched for years.
This list was compiled following the directions of some Styleforum members who discussed pretty extensively the merits and versatility of the following ties on this thread.
A starting wardrobe of 12 ties might contain:
- Two navy solid ties (a grenadine and a repp, for instance)
- Two other solid ties (i.e. forest green grenadine, a chocolate brown repp)
- One glen plaid, guncheck, or shepherd’s check tie in black and white or navy and white
- One houndstooth tie
- Two pindot ties
- Two “neat” ties – small, evenly spaced designs
- Two repp stripe ties
See below for some great options that will help you complete your tie collection.
Navy solid ties
Solid ties in other colors
Glen plaid / Guncheck / Shepherd’s check ties
Repp stripe ties
Latest posts by Styleforum Editors (see all)
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday Menswear Sales List 2021 - November 24, 2021
- LABOR DAY 2021 MENSWEAR SALES LIST - September 3, 2021
- Memorial Day 2021 – Menswear Sales List - May 28, 2021
- A Guide to Braided Leather Belts - April 23, 2021
- Wardrobe Maintenance Kit: Essentials - February 5, 2021