Guys love watches. Is it for status? Is it the mechanical prowess? It is for the utility? Who knows, and you know what, who cares? Here’s a great collection of the best watches to buy for yourself or convince someone to buy for you as the holidays approach.
1. Swatch System Boreal YIS401G. MSRP: $215
A neat-looking watch with respectable mechanics and for as cheap as you can get without buying a watch meant for a 6th grader.
2. Hamilton Khaki Field. MSRP: $445
One of Hamilton’s most popular offerings, the Khaki is a classic American watch. With a suede strap and beige numbers, the Field model is just a bit more fun than the run-of-the-mill model.
3. Hamilton Khaki Pilot Auto. MSRP: $995
No list of best watches would be complete without a pilot’s watch. Hamilton nails it again with classic pilot styling, cool looks, and darn good price.
4. Nomos Tangente 38. MSRP: $2,330
No one, and I mean no one, does understated elegance like Nomos. The Tangente 38 is as pure as it gets and a bargain when it comes to bang for your buck.
5. Longines Master Retrograde Seconds. MSRP: $3,325
Probably the best-priced complicated watch ever made. The Master Retrograde boasts 4 retrograde hands, day-date functions, and somehow manages to do it without looking looking like an awful cluttered mess.
6. Bell & Ross BR01-92. MSRP: $4,800
If you want something really cool and off the beaten, look no further than B&R’s military spec, black carbon coated, square shaped, BR01 beast.
7. Tag Heuer Monaco. MSRP: $5,350
Is anyone cooler than Steve McQueen? No. Can you be Steve McQueen? Also no. But you can get pretty close with the iconic watch that he sported in the all time great film, Le Mans. Watch the movie, wear the watch.
8. Glashutte Original Senator Sixties. MSRP: $7,500
Vintage styling and top-notch mechanics join forces for Glashutte’s nod to the 60’s. Go for the gold indices for some extra pop.
9. Rolex Datejust 116234. MSRP: $7,950.
You just can’t argue with the Rolex crown, and this about as classic Rolex as it gets.
10. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400. MSRP: $50,500
If you just won the lottery, or re-financed your house and took some cash out, this is what you buy. Just make sure you signed that pre-nup.
Latest posts by Styleforum Editors (see all)
- MEMORIAL DAY SALES 2020 MENSWEAR - May 23, 2020
- Classic Menswear Through the Lens - March 12, 2020
- Vintage: What the Expert Eye Looks For - February 14, 2020
- The Basics of Wedding Attire for Men: American and English Weddings - May 6, 2018
- Pitti Uomo 93 – Day 3 & 4 - January 13, 2018