You may remember Roycru from his member focus, and this week we’re looking to him for some American inspiration. It’s nice to see one of our members nailing trad style, since it’s a look that has grown rarer on Styleforum over the years. And if you, like me, aren’t often found singing the praises of ‘timeless’ style, this tidbit from Roycru should make you take notice: “People often say things like ‘nice vintage clothes’ to me. I always thank them and then mention the clothes I am wearing were new when I got them.”
It’s easy, when battered by advertising on all fronts, to forget that we really don’t need to buy new clothes every season, and that smart purchases can make for a wardrobe that lasts a lifetime. Take, for example, the gunclub sport coat featured above. No, it’s certainly not the universal constant that is the navy blazer, but look at how easily it’s worked into a great outfit that doesn’t look like it came from a cookie cutter. There’s no reason to limit yourself to the most basic of basics; what matters is finding clothing that you know you’ll wear regularly.
I’ll also note that in Roycru’s original WAYWT submission, he’s wearing very accessible brands. In a sea of bespoke Italian suits, high-end denim, and hand-made shirts, sometimes it’s refreshing to be reminded that the key to looking great isn’t necessarily to bankrupt yourself.
- Sartoria Formosa gunclub tweed jacket from No Man Walks Alone
- H. Stockton tattersall shirt
- LL Bean slim straight corduroy pants
- Ralph Lauren overlay belt
- Tricker’s Bourton
- Brooks Bros. repp tie
- Drake’s pocket square from Mr. Porter
Latest posts by Styleforum Editors (see all)
- Pat Allen on His Grand Adventure as the Founder of UNI/FORM LA and an Almost Famous DJ - October 12, 2022
- Memorial Day 2022 Menswear SALES List - May 30, 2022
- Interview with Jacob Hurwitz of American Trench - May 27, 2022
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday Menswear Sales List 2021 - November 24, 2021
- LABOR DAY 2021 MENSWEAR SALES LIST - September 3, 2021