SprezzaTrash (or Ethan), as you may know, is a big fan of thrifting and of vintage styles. Most of the time, he’s wearing vintage tailoring, but I liked this outfit in particular because it could have come from just about any decade, and offers a nice blend of vintage styles that still looks contemporary. Ethan suggests that it’s his take on Bryceland’s style, but it might be more recognizable as a take on the late Bill Cunningham’s signature look:
That certainly doesn’t take anything away from how nice it looks, of course, and Ethan’s interpretation is a bit more tailored. If you’re familiar with the Teba jacket, the chore jacket operates similarly here, albeit as a slightly more casual choice of outerwear. In any case, this combination also a great base for a casual outfit – the tie can be removed, the derbies swapped out for sneakers, etc.
If you’re looking for a bleu de travail, there are a number of companies that offer them. Vetra offers a very classic, shape, while Carrier Company also produces a work-ready version, though They don’t come pre-worn, however, so if want you want is sweet fades or patching, I’d suggest searching Etsy for bleu de travail, where you’ll be able to find a selection of vintage pieces in varying shades of blue. The rich indigo color is, obviously the draw.
- Vetra twill chore coat
- H. Stockton navy tattersall shirt
- Brooks Bros. Red Fleece pleated slim chino
- Alden cap toe blucher from TheShoeMart
- Drake’s shantung tie
Latest posts by Styleforum Editors (see all)
- Boxing Day 2018 Menswear Sales - December 26, 2018
- How To Smell Fabulous For The Holidays - December 21, 2018
- BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY MENSWEAR SALES LIST – STYLEFORUM - November 21, 2018
- Shoes as explained by Styleforum members - October 25, 2018
- Starting a Tie Wardrobe – Styleforum Picks - October 2, 2018