Ok, so maybe you don’t have the hair. Or the mustache. Or the musical skill. Or the cat. However, don’t let that stop you from dressing like you do. This week, @thefoxtooth offers up some fantastic autumn inspiration while showing us how to style a corduroy sportcoat, and also gives us a good reason to consider joining the Streetwear and Denim Wes Anderson Challenge.
Corduroy, like flannel, is a fantastic autumn fabric, and earth tones and neutrals make it easy to work into your wardrobe in both tailored and casual contexts. Here, thefoxtooth is wearing his corduroy sport coat with a pair of washed jeans, although the same jacket could certainly be worn with trousers – perhaps a sage green. Similarly, I can imagine the shoes being traded out for a pair of boots – western in style to go with the guitar, or even a country brogue for a slightly different take on the same outfit.
Anyway, the whole thing is awesome, and I really like that thefoxtooth is using corduroy in a way that doesn’t connote ivy-covered brick buildings. I’m sure we’ll start seeing more corduroy as the weather continues to change, so keep this in the back of your mind when you’re working your pieces into regular rotation.
View the original post here
- Eidos corduroy sport coat from No Man Walks Alone
- Drake’s stripe shirt
- Levi’s Vintage Clothing 1947 501 from Unionmade
- Meermin Calf Oxfords
Latest posts by Styleforum Editors (see all)
- Starting a Tie Wardrobe – Styleforum Picks - October 2, 2018
- How to Bring Old Shoes Back to Life - September 12, 2018
- Creating a Business Wardrobe – Styleforum Guide - August 16, 2018
- What Should I Wear to a Job Interview? – Styleforum Guide - July 24, 2018
- Twissic Watches REVIEW - July 12, 2018