Ok, so maybe you don’t have the hair. Or the mustache. Or the musical skill. Or the cat. However, don’t let that stop you from dressing like you do. This week, @thefoxtooth offers up some fantastic autumn inspiration while showing us how to style a corduroy sportcoat, and also gives us a good reason to consider joining the Streetwear and Denim Wes Anderson Challenge.
Corduroy, like flannel, is a fantastic autumn fabric, and earth tones and neutrals make it easy to work into your wardrobe in both tailored and casual contexts. Here, thefoxtooth is wearing his corduroy sport coat with a pair of washed jeans, although the same jacket could certainly be worn with trousers – perhaps a sage green. Similarly, I can imagine the shoes being traded out for a pair of boots – western in style to go with the guitar, or even a country brogue for a slightly different take on the same outfit.
Anyway, the whole thing is awesome, and I really like that thefoxtooth is using corduroy in a way that doesn’t connote ivy-covered brick buildings. I’m sure we’ll start seeing more corduroy as the weather continues to change, so keep this in the back of your mind when you’re working your pieces into regular rotation.
View the original post here
- Eidos corduroy sport coat from No Man Walks Alone
- Drake’s stripe shirt
- Levi’s Vintage Clothing 1947 501 from Unionmade
- Meermin Calf Oxfords
Latest posts by Styleforum Editors (see all)
- Boxing Day 2018 Menswear Sales - December 26, 2018
- How To Smell Fabulous For The Holidays - December 21, 2018
- BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY MENSWEAR SALES LIST – STYLEFORUM - November 21, 2018
- Shoes as explained by Styleforum members - October 25, 2018
- Starting a Tie Wardrobe – Styleforum Picks - October 2, 2018