We’re calling this “Autumn Travels,” but really we could call it “Styleforum’s favorite brands,” because this outfit grid showcases some fall styles from a few of the most popular brands on the forum. Eidos, RRL, Yuketen, Anderson’s, and Christian Kimber are all ever-present forum standbys, while Todd Snyder is a reliable source of tailored-casual clothing. We do try to hit both the tailored and casual spectrums when we put these suggestions together, but something about the weather turning just makes all of us want to cozy up in comfy layers and look at the leaves that are still whirling about on the ground.
Not all travels involve planes, trains, or automobiles. Sometimes you have to get outside and explore your own backyard before the ever-decreasing daylight traps you inside for three months, and this is the perfect outfit for letting your feet guide you. A navy jacket over a band-collar shirt is a great casual look, and chambray is a fabric that looks fantastic when worn wrinkled and comfy-like. When combined with olive trousers it’s very worldly – roll the hem (don’t cuff) of the pants up a few inches to show off Yuketen’s great moc-toed desert boots, turn up the collar of the jacket, stuff your hands in your pockets, and spend the day strolling around with hot cocoa in hand.
There’s a lot to be said for simple color combinations, and navy, green, and brown is about as simple as you can get. Add some texture with a woven belt, a pop of color with a lazily-stuffed pocket square, and you’ll look great no matter where your travels take you, whether you’re headed around the world or just down the street.
- Eidos indigo Tenero jacket
- Todd Snyder band collar chambray shirt
- RRL Olive Chino
- Yuketen Desert Boots
- Anderson’s Woven Belt
- Christian Kimber “Colombo” pocket square
Latest posts by Styleforum Editors (see all)
- Styleforum Sessions Podcast | A chat with Yuki Matsuda: director of Meg Company (Yuketen, Monitaly, Chamula, and Epperson Mountaineering) - August 24, 2022
- MEMORIAL DAY SALES 2020 MENSWEAR - May 23, 2020
- Classic Menswear Through the Lens - March 12, 2020
- Vintage: What the Expert Eye Looks For - February 14, 2020
- The Basics of Wedding Attire for Men: American and English Weddings - May 6, 2018